Sunday, May 16, 2010

MC Chris is Shy

In the dream, I’m watching an advertisement for a charity show featuring several musicians and comedians. Dane Cook & MC Chris are walking down the middle of a road and you can’t see MC Chris’ face for his cap. A friend watching the video with me jokingly says it’s because he’s shy. (When anyone who's heard his music knows he’s anything but.) The two stop to look up into the sky and the camera zooms in on MC Chris. He has the most adorable expression on his face, almost childlike. I say to my friend, “Aw, but it’s such a cute face! Why would he hide it?”

Later, I’m at an antique store and I find a kitten crawling around on one of the shelves. Instinctively, I know that it’s somehow connected to MC Chris and that the woman across the aisle is his mother. I pick up the kitten and hold it up to my face, telling it about the video where I saw MC Chris’ face (as if it was a secret), and that he shouldn’t hide such a cute face. The woman overhears and says “That’s what I try to tell him, too!” She goes on to tell me about how he hardly ever leaves the house and spends ten hours a day on the phone (like he’s a teenager and she’s concerned about his social life). Something strange is said about a girl on the stairs, who appears as a shadow on the wall… The woman says “It didn’t do her any good” and I awake trying to figure out what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment