Saturday, October 12, 2002

Carnival Shoeless

We’ve all had the “oh my god, where are my pants” dreams, but mine tend to more often be missing shoes than any other clothing. It probably has something to do with my man-feet, or feeling that I don’t “fit in” at times. This entry is mainly silliness, but fun to share. ((^_^))

[10-12-2002]

I was at a carnival on vacation with my boyfriend in Florida, but I had somehow forgotten (or lost) my shoes. I didn’t mind walking around barefoot, but I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to ride anything and it just didn’t feel right, almost indecent. We were going through a flea market looking at swords, ninja equipment, toys, and all kinds of junk when we came across an old woman with a shopping cart full of old shoes. Most of them were worn beyond being wearable, but I figured that I should be able to find a suitable (and cheap) pair.

My boyfriend went off to look at other things while the old woman and I sorted through the shoes, trying to find a pair that fit and were in decent condition. The woman kept finding shoes that she thought would be perfect, but they were all too small. I found some 80’s style brown ankle boots that looked to be the right size, but there was something stuck in the toe that stabbed my feet before I could even get one halfway on. I fussed at the woman for selling such shoes (“You could hurt somebody!”) and continued sifting through the cart. I found a pair of what appeared to be sandals in plastic packaging and the woman said they were “one size fits all,” but when I pulled them out to try them on, they had no sole; They looked like necklaces that wrapped around your feet. I liked the look of them, but they just weren’t quite shoes, like I needed.

My boyfriend returned, saying “What are you doing?!? Let’s go!” so we left, but I was sad because I had no shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment