Saturday, October 12, 2002

Underwater Walk

Several members of my family (from my mother, father, and step-father’s side) were gathered at an aunt’s house to plan a wedding for my sister (Shannon). Behind the house was an extremely large above ground pool that was set up similar to an in-ground pool, with deep & shallow ends. There was a young girl, around 7 years old, that wanted to go to the deep end, but she couldn’t swim and didn’t have a float, so I told her I would carry her. First, I swam behind her, but she kept sinking, so I tried holding her up, but couldn’t swim well with her in my hands, so I went underwater and walked on the floor of the pool, holder her up by her feet. This worked for a while, but I went deeper than I realized and the girl’s head went underwater. One of the women there freaked out, snatched her up out of the water and put her back in the shallow end. No one said anything to me about it, but they didn’t ask me to watch their kids in the pool anymore either.

No comments:

Post a Comment